Last night we had our January meeting. 1/19/10 Tuesday
5 families attended
- Teens Working
- Teens Driving
Great discussion topics
3. Using our group to network together to help families and friends through this tough financial time
for example. I have lots of clothes for girls size 8 down. Who could use them? What can you do to help another family? What is it you need?
One idea was a community Tag Sale this summer. Who is interested in Participating and where
would we hold it?
4. OUR NEW MEETING NIGHT - We have decided to hold the meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of the month from now on. Most families find this an improvement. I am open to comments but after discussing this in the group we are going to try this for a while. This is meant to be a good thing.
5. February Meeting and Activities - meeting will be 2nd Tuesday 2/9th 6:30pm DUMC
We will have an USBORNE book dealer there while we have our meeting. Great school books as well as literature for reading enjoyment. One of my favorites.
Feb. 12th Valentines Party for the Families - kids should bring cards for all other kids and something like a bag or mailbox to hold their collection of valentines cards. Families should each bring Potluck dinner to share. Starts a 5pm See Terry for directions being held at a members home.
6. Other activities we are setting up are - Bowling Fridays like we had last year. Candlepin 3 games and shoe rentals for $3 person - Let me know if your interested in participating. No commitment just come the weeks you can.
Also, Swimming - we reserve the pool just for our kids for an hour $75 we all pitch in. And or you can play Basketball, have to check on rental for the court. let me know if interested.
Co-op classes starting again. Class offerings and dates and times to be determined. Do you have any suggestions or needs?
A few families want to do a play. I can't commit to do all the work on this one so we have to have some organizing from the families who want to participate. If you are interested let Terry know and she'll put you in touch with the group of parents working on this.
7. Book your hotel room for the convention NOW. They fill fast. I forwarded list of hotels and their prices. Let Terry know if you need someone to carpool with or share hotel room. Makes it more affordable.
That's it for now. It was so nice to see you all there last night. Enjoy the rest of January.